Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fruits and Fiber, Oh My!

So I've done something today that I'm rather proud of. I've started eating better by limiting myself to fruit juices, skim milk, fresh fruit and fiber products (Cheerios and popcorn on are the menu for today.)

Rather than make an infinite list of things I shouldn't be eating, I'll just eat a limited number of things until I get the hang of it again. I used to be pretty good at this and it kept the waistline much slimmer than it now.

So my plan is simple, I'll do what amounts to a old-fashioned colon cleansing and "fast" by sticking with as many raw foods and whole grains or fiber as I can fathom in a day. I'm allowed to eat as much or whenever I want so long as I just eat my basics. It's only been one day, but I haven't had a huge energy reduction and I actually feel a bit better than I normally do on my nasty diet.

I'd like to think that the new healthy diet will also be pushing out all of the grossness that's accumulated in my system by eating so much crap over the last few years. Oh, and certain things are still allowed, but for the next couple of weeks, I'm going to skip the ice cream and such and stick to the cleansing plan.

I'm interested to see what happens.

Granted, the exercise is a bit harder to work into the plan, but from what I've learned, it's the diet that makes the biggest difference - especially as I'm rather active already with teaching on my feet and chasing two kiddos around. I'll start with my cleansing diet to purge the gross and then add back in a few things that I actually enjoy like the occasional ice cream treat, but I think I can leave the rest of it behind, and I'm sure my blood pressure, future diabetes and all of the other stuff that will eventually be wrong with me will thank me for the efforts.

Today's Weight: 246.4 - There's the sodium and rodeo junk...

Notes; The ONLY junk I've had today is a few scrapes of fudge to finish off the crap from the rodeo last night. This is the first food plan I've tried that feels real and that is might work. I'm excited to see the difference in how I look and feel. I've felt so over sodium-ated and bloated for so long...

No comments:

Post a Comment